Saturday, February 27, 2016

The META Connection

If you were -- as I was -- dubious that MicroVision was involved with META, I think we can erase a lot of your doubts.

Well, someone over on the Yahoo Message board pointed this out. There's MicroVision's name on this poster of people involved with Meta. Whether they're talking about customers or suppliers or both here, I'm not sure. Although I'm nearly certain MicroVision would be a supplier, not a customer.


So, a couple of days ago we saw the great similarity between the Meta headset and the NOMAD.

Now we see this connection.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason we'd be associated with META is because MicroVision is providing the display. I've looked through the old Nomad system and it has a very wide field of view, which was very lacking in other augmented reality systems Scoble had reviewed. I was assured that the new tech for that system that MicroVision has is a lot better.

Combine all of that (what Scoble says is a TRILLION dollar business) with PicoP --  I think we can officially say, we're in fat city.

We're in good company on that poster.

Here's a link to the Meta Facebook Page, and the video referenced above.

https://www.facebook.com/metaglasses/

No comments:

Post a Comment